Become A Student Member
Once you are a BCCA student member (it’s complimentary), we will help you navigate through the ins and outs of licencing and getting your career started. Apply now.
Register With CCBC
In order to practice in BC, you must register with The College of Chiropractors of British Columbia (CCBC) – the regulatory body that licences chiropractors and sets the standards of practice. Contact the college at 604-742-6470 or [email protected] for details.
By joining the BCCA...
You demonstrate your support to raise awareness about musculoskeletal (MSK) health, promote chiropractic research, advocate for expanding the chiropractic scope of practice, and integrating chiropractic care as part of the health care system. BCCA works tirelessly to ensure you can focus on what matters the most – your patients.
Join The CCA
Upon approval of your membership, BCCA staff will notify the Canadian Chiropractic Association (CCA) to start processing your application. For any CCA questions, call at 1-877-222-9303.
Benefit From CCPA
As a BCCA member, you will benefit from CCPA’s professional liability insurance. Upon approval of your membership, BCCA staff will notify the Canadian Chiropractic Protective Association (CCPA) to start processing your application. For any CCPA questions, call at 1-800-668-2076.
Explore BCCA Resources
Explore the Member Centre and member extranet for free resources such as upcoming events, continuing education and marketplace, and benefit from membership perks.
As a member, there are plenty of opportunities for you to get involved in the chiropractic community through various committees and volunteering with the BCCA and other affiliate organizations.
Membership & Benefits
To meet the goals and needs of our members and enhance the health of all British Columbians the BCCA Board of Directors represents British Columbia’s chiropractors by providing leadership, information, and services such as:
- Working with schools of chiropractic to engage and guide students on their chiropractic journey.
- Advocating the Ministry of Health to improve access to chiropractic care.
- Presenting and educating government bodies such as the Select Standing Committee on Finance and Government Services and the Select Standing Committee on Health. BCCA works tirelessly to expand the scope of practice for chiropractors and to create a multidisciplinary team approach in the health care system.
- Advocating and educating employers and insurance companies on the benefits of chiropractic care in an effort to expand private insurance coverage.
- Educating the public on the benefits of chiropractic care through public awareness campaigns, utilizing traditional and digital media. Such campaigns lead to a better-informed public, more inclined to utilize chiropractic care.
How do we know lobbying and ongoing conversations with the government work? In jurisdictions where only a small percentage of chiropractors belong to professional associations – and therefore the associations have little power – the market penetration of chiropractic use is as little as 2% of the population (in certain areas of the USA, for example). In British Columbia and other Canadian provinces chiropractic is utilized by 24% – 30% of the population.
In order to practice in British Columbia, you must be registered with the College of Chiropractors of BC (CCBC). Please visit the CCBC website to learn about the registration process, if not already registered.
BCCA offers several categories of membership:
- Student: complimentary to students enrolled in an accredited school of chiropractic.
- 1st Year Grad: 100% discount of full membership rate (students have until 15 months after graduation to apply for the 1st Year Grad status).
- 2nd Year Grad: 2/3 discount of full membership rate.
- 3rd Year Grad: 1/3 discount of full membership rate.
- Full member: no discount applies.
- Senior: 2/3 discount of full membership rate. Must be 65 or older, practicing a maximum of 15 hrs/week, and practicing for a minimum of 30 years since graduating from a chiropractic school.
- Retiree: $25/year. Available for members who want to stay connected after retiring from the profession.
Please note, in order to qualify for membership and professional liability insurance offered by the Canadian Chiropractic Protective Association (CCPA), you must first become a BCCA and CCA member.
The majority of Chiropractic Doctors in BC enjoy membership with the BC Chiropractic Association (BCCA). Benefits of membership include:
- Canadian Chiropractic Protective Association (CCPA) insurance coverage.
- Professional advice on ICBC, WorkSafeBC, business/practice-related issues, and more!
- Education and lobby to the BC government on your behalf.
- Direct liaison and negotiation on your behalf with ICBC and WorkSafeBC.
- Promotion of the profession with province-wide PR and marketing campaigns.
- Structured and unstructured continuing education (CE) at member-only rates through various providers and BCCA AGM + Convention.
- Access to live and recorded BCCA’s own webinars.
- Subscription to the Monday Morning Memo newsletter.
- Listing on the Find a Chiropractor tool.
- Partnerships with organizations such as St. John’s Ambulance (CPR certification) and PainBC (workshops).
- Discounts with John Ross Insurance (commercial services).
- WordPress website package offer ($29.95/month for hosting and support).
- Free bulletin board service called the Marketplace to post advertisements (for sale, hiring, seeking etc.).
- Access to the member’s extranet and member-only resources.
- Opportunities to engage with the community and association to build the profession.
Student membership is complimentary (free), sponsored by our regular members. In addition to receiving the benefits of a full member, students gain access to valuable services to start their career right:
- Resources such as demographics and statistics to make an informed decision on where to practice in BC.
- Complimentary consultation from a DC on what to expect when starting to practice.
- List of DC’s in your area to help build your network.
- One-on-one BCCA Mentorship Program.
- Research Review Service (RRS) Education – concise, clinically relevant research reviews written by clinicians. Complimentary enrollment for CCA members.
- Canadian Chiropractic Guideline Initiative (CCGI) – stay on top of the latest practice guidelines.
- GoodLife Fitness – discounted fitness memberships.
- Moneris Solutions – merchant discount rates.
- Shepell – membership assistance program (professional counselling, legal support, and more).
- Springwall – discounted sleep products.
- Perkopolis – discounted entertainment (theatre, hotels, attractions, and more).
- Yellow Pages – boost digital presence and connect with potential patients.
- The Journal of the Canadian Chiropractic Association.
- Subscription to BACK Matters magazine and #MembershipMatters newsletters.
- Exclusive access to professional liability protection through the Canadian Chiropractic Protective Association (CCPA).
Please contact us for further information on fees and processing times at 604-270-1332 or toll-free at 1-866-256-1474.
Information about registration and licencing fees can be found on the CCBC website. All CCBC applications are completed and processed online. Please allow for a minimum of four weeks processing time once all documentation has been received by the CCBC.