Office and Membership Coordinator
The British Columbia Chiropractic Association (BCCA) is the voluntary professional organization that represents BC’s chiropractors. We are dedicated to advancing the chiropractic profession through public awareness, advocacy to government, and collaborating with other health professionals to improve the lives of British Columbians.
Spine, muscle, nervous system and related conditions affect 8 out of 10 British Columbians at least once during their lifetime. Chiropractors are experts trained to diagnose the cause of pain, treat that pain, and help prevent it from coming back allowing people to lead healthy, active lives.
This position serves as the front line for the BC Chiropractic Association (BCCA), providing support and information to members. The Office and Membership Coordinator is responsible for administering the membership registration and renewal processes for the BCCA. The role is also responsible for ensuring administrative support in the areas of front office, meeting, and schedule management. The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people.
- Act as a receptionist by presenting a professional, welcoming first contact for members, board/committee members, and other stakeholders, via phone, in person and email.
- General office duties - mail, filing, photocopying, ordering of office supplies, arranging for couriers.
- Support other departments in preparation for special events, continuing education events, and meetings.
- Create and modify meeting packages and other e-documents and manage the storage of these in BCCA’s SharePoint.
- Coordinate board and committee meetings including booking resources, sending invites and meeting packages, arranging meals/food options and audio visual set up.
- Support committees, board and Executive Director as required by attending meetings, taking accurate minutes and filing of minutes. Meetings may occasionally take place on evenings and weekends.
- Write letters and emails on behalf of other office staff and format for internal/external distribution as required.
- Maintain ED’s schedules including booking of meetings, travel, and resources.
- Support HR and accounting processes including staff policy development and benefits and RRSP administration.
- Manage and process member applications for registration, reinstatement, change of status and renewal in the CRM database- evaluate to ensure compliance with stated requirements.
- Prepare and distribute new member guides and certificates to new members.
- Create Change of Status/Reinstatement and Membership reports for the BCCA Board.
- Manage the BCCA bulletin board and event postings.
- Correspond with the CCA, CCPA, CCBC to confirm membership status.
- Assist members and applicants through online registration processes and understand the requirements and process for registration, reinstatement, change of status and renewal applications.
- Answer phone calls and handle email inquiries from members.
- Post-secondary diploma in business or related field
- 2+ years’ experience in office administration including reception responsibilities
- Strong computer skills including intermediate or higher level proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other business and internet applications
- Experience with SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat, and member management database
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to type 60+wpm
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to accommodate multiple responsibilities and shifting priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work productively and collaboratively within a team
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- High level of discretion and judgment
- Experience with Great Plains (GP) and bookkeeping an asset
- Occasional weekend/evening availability
How to apply:
If you’re passionate about health and improving lives, and this position fits your career plan, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.