By joining the BCCA, you demonstrate your support to raise public awareness about MSK health, promote chiropractic research, advocate for expanding the chiropractic scope of practice and integrating chiropractic care as part of the health care system. BCCA works tirelessly to ensure you can focus on what matters the most – your patients.
- Qualifications to Practice as a BC Chiropractor
- Membership Perks
- BCCA Member Registration
- Frequently Asked Questions
BCCA Membership Categories & Qualifications
In British Columbia, you must be registered with the College of Chiropractors of British Columbia (CCBC) to practice chiropractic, please visit the CCBC website to learn about the registration process, if you are not already registered. If you would like to learn more about the BCCA registration process please visit ‘Steps to Take Before and After Graduation’ section.
BCCA offers several categories of membership:
- Student: free to students who are enrolled in a chiropractic college.
- 1st Year Grad: 100% discount of full membership rate (have until 15 months to apply for the 1st Year Grad status).
- 2nd Year Grad: 2/3 discount of full membership rate.
- 3rd Year Grad: discount 1/3 of full membership rate.
- Senior: 2/3 discount of full member rate. Must be 65 or older, practicing a maximum of 15 hrs/week, and practicing for a minimum of 30 years since graduating from chiropractic college.
- Retiree: $25/year. Available for members who want to stay connected after retiring from the profession.
Please note, that in order to qualify for membership and professional liability insurance with the Canadian Chiropractic Protective Association (CCPA), you must first be a BCCA and CCA member.
What are the BCCA membership fees and processing times?
Please contact BCCA for further information on fees and processing times at 604-270-1332 or toll free at 1-866-256-1474.
What are the CCBC license fees and processing times?
Information about registration and licencing fees can be found on the CCBC website. All CCBC applications are completed and processed online. Please allow for a minimum of four weeks processing time once all documentation has been received by CCBC.