The British Columbia Chiropractic Association (BCCA) is the voluntary professional organization that represents BC’s chiropractors. We are dedicated to advancing the chiropractic profession through public awareness, advocacy to government, and collaborating with other health professionals to improve the lives of British Columbians.
Spine, muscle, nervous system and related conditions affect 8 out of 10 British Columbians at least once during their lifetime. Chiropractors are experts trained to diagnose the cause of pain, treat that pain, and help prevent it from coming back allowing people to lead healthy, active lives.
The ideal candidate will possess enthusiasm, superior communication skills, and keen attention to detail. As a key member of a small team, this role requires the ability to take initiative, solve problems, manage competing priorities, and adapt to a fast-paced work environment. This is a unique opportunity for a creative and ambitious communications professional looking to grow their skill set.
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for managing BCCA’s internal and external messaging, and leading engagement activities across various print, online, and digital media platforms. This includes developing and implementing strategies for promoting chiropractic and engaging with members.
- Lead the content development, production, and publication of BCCA’s internal and external communications, including e-newsletters, annual report, social media content, and educational and promotional materials.
- Support communications planning.
- Design and develop graphics for brochures, presentations, and handouts.
- Support other staff in creating presentation materials.
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Director and other staff to develop an annual work plan to execute strategic priorities established by the Board of Directors.
- Manage BCCA’s websites and social media channels and lead public engagement activities through BCCA’s digital platforms.
- Be an active member of the national Chiropractic Communications Forum, and ensure BCCA’s voice is present and engaged at the national table.
- Manage BCCA’s brand strategy and ensure materials produced by the association conform to established brand standards and messaging.
- Support communications efforts and planning of BCCA educational and promotional events, such as the annual convention and webinars.
- Promote awareness and benefits of chiropractic to the public; expand support for the profession through public engagement, media outreach, and partnership development.
- Provide support to members wishing to participate in awareness and education activities.
- Assist other departments in the development of external communications and internal promotion of programs and events.
- Assist with administrative tasks as required.
- Degree in communications, marketing, or a related field plus a minimum of two years relevant work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Demonstrated ability to produce and edit written copy
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud Suite and Microsoft Office is required
- Ability to think strategically and translate into tactical actions
- Demonstrated success in implementing social media strategy and working with social media management tools
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with photo and video editing is an asset
- Familiarity with web content management systems (WordPress) preferred
- Experience in project management and event planning is an asset
- Willingness to occasionally travel in BC and within Canada to attend events, meetings, etc.
How to apply:
If you’re passionate about health and improving lives, and this position fits your career plan, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.