Career Opportunity – Accounting Assistant
Title: Accounting Assistant
Reports to: Accountant and Executive Director
Career level: Entry
Location: Richmond, BC
Accounting Assistant summary:
Currently looking for an Accounting Assistant, reporting primarily to the Accountant, responsible for various accounting and administration responsibilities in the department. Supporting the day-to-day accounting functions, the Accounting Assistant is a part-time, entry-level position. Responsible for a variety of accounting procedures as well as ad-hoc projects, the Accounting Assistant will have opportunities to take on more. The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years’ experience in accounting with strong verbal and written communication skills. This is a great position for someone who is looking to gain valuable experience in the field of accounting, with room for growth and exposure to full cycle accounting.
The role requires 15 hours of work per week which may increase over time. The Accounting Assistant will work in our office a minimum of 2 days per week – the schedule is flexible.
- Code, total, enter, and reconcile transactions such as accounts payable and receivable, cheques, invoices, cheque requisitions, credit card reconciliation, and bank statements.
- Assist with preparing tax filing reports including GST.
- Assist with reconciliation of GL accounts.
- Assist in month-end and year-end procedures.
- Assist in preparing various reports, including financial statements.
- Process employee, Board Member, and Speaker travel expenses and reimbursements as per the company travel policy and procedures.
- Perform related duties such as word processing, maintaining filing and record systems, faxing and photocopying.
- Complete ad-hoc projects or tasks assigned by the Accountant and provide support during the Accountant’s absences.
- Provide occasional back-up receptionist duties by presenting a professional, welcoming first contact for members, board/committee members and other stakeholders, via phone, in person and email.
- 1-3 years’ experience in accounting and payroll
- Completion of an associate degree or diploma in accounting, finance or a related field
- AR/AP experience is an asset
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Excel; familiarity with SharePoint
- General understanding of computerized accounting systems
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains (GP) is an asset
- Professional work ethic, good communication skills, and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and also in a collaborative environment
- Prior not-for-profit accounting experience an asset
- Experience with customer service and handling inquiries
- Occasional weekend/evening availability
About BC Chiropractic Association:
The British Columbia Chiropractic Association (BCCA) is the voluntary professional organization that represents BC’s chiropractors. We are dedicated to advancing the chiropractic profession through public awareness, advocacy to government, and collaborating with other health professionals to improve the lives of British Columbians.
Spine, muscle, nervous system and related conditions affect 8 out of 10 British Columbians at least once during their lifetime. Chiropractors are experts trained to diagnose the cause of pain, treat that pain, and help prevent it from coming back allowing people to lead healthy, active lives.
How to apply:
If you’re passionate about health and improving lives, and this position fits your career plan, send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com